What are we doing differently in response to COVID-19?
In order to reduce the risk of COVID-19 to our guests and cleaning team we are making a few changes. Most you won’t even notice so we’d like to share them with you so you know what extra measures we are taking.
- We have attended a COVID-19 holiday let cleaning webinar run by Visit Peak District & Derbyshire.
- We received the ‘We’re good to go’ Visit England Industry Standard which recognises we’ve followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, have a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
- After thorough cleaning The Servants’ Quarters will be disinfected using virucidal cleaner.
- We will provide pillows, duvets and freshly laundered bedlinen and towels as usual.
- All our laundry is washed at 60oC.
- When you leave we’ll ask you to strip your beds and put all bed linen and towels in sealed laundry bags.
- We have a slightly earlier check out (10:00) to allow more time for the full clean, sanitise and ventilation of The Servants’ Quarters between guests.
- We have removed some ‘high touch’ items like throw cushions on beds and games so you might like to bring your own.
- You’ll notice extra cleaning products and alcohol sanitiser for you to use during your stay.
What you can do
- Remember to wash your hands!
- Open windows on the morning of your departure.
- If any of your party show any signs of having the virus we ask that you take a lateral flow test and inform us of the results so we can discuss the options to support you.
- We’re only a call away for advice on what’s open, where best to visit, eat out etc.
- You can used ‘Sauced Here’ before you arrive to order your local food delivery, all major supermarkets will also deliver to the address.
If you have any concerns or queries please do not hesitate to drop us a line.